Unable to install Squash TM as a service in Windows after following the installation guide-lines in the doc

bmarin777

Unable to install Squash TM as a service in Windows after following the installation guide-lines in the doc

Message par bmarin777 »

Hi,
I downloaded the installation package from the community, and followed the installation steps for Windows, as I am checking out the functionality of Squash TM. So before installing it on our server, I am about to test it locally on a VM of mine to see how it works, however there is no installer for Windows, as it is implied in the Reference guides from https://tm-en.doc.squashtest.com/v4/ins ... quash.html
I tried to install Squash TM as a service cf. last line suggested (which is incorrect by the way, e.g. in my situation the line is "C:\>E:\squash-tm\bin\squash-tm.exe install" instead of how it was suggested "c:\<rep>\Squash-TM\bin\squash-tm.exe install"), however it is not indicated anywhere how I can start Squash-TM. Do I start it from a command line, or, being a web application, should I use a certain URL?
Also, after I installed the Microsoft package suggested after I tried the line above in the command screen, I tried to install Squash TM, and I received an error message:

WMI.WmiException: AccessDenied
at WMI.WmiRoot.ClassHandler.Invoke(Object proxy, MethodInfo method, Object[] args)
at WMI.Win32ServicesProxy.Create(String , String , String , ServiceType , ErrorControl , StartMode , Boolean , String , String , String[] )
at winsw.WrapperService.Run(String[] _args)
at winsw.WrapperService.Main(String[] args)

I am a little bit at the end of my patience. The demo is supposed to be an easy installation in order to be able to test the product, however it does not prove to be the situation.

Thank you
bmarin777

Re: Unable to install Squash TM as a service in Windows after following the installation guide-lines in the doc

Message par bmarin777 »

I managed to start Squash TM using the h2 database, so my problem was that I followed the installation guide for MariaDB, however there is no indication as how to configure the startup.bat using MariaDB. It is only for MySQL which, from what I understood at the top of the doc, was discontinued, then why mention the modification to MySQL in the startup.bap if it is not used anymore? Why not specify how to modify the startup.bat to be used with MariaDB?
It is a point to ponder regarding the doc you have on your website, OK?
If the product is good, it is a pity to have it "tainted" by a misinforming documentation, or a dated documentation.
Yamina

Re: Unable to install Squash TM as a service in Windows after following the installation guide-lines in the doc

Message par Yamina »

Hello,

We are going to complete Squash Documentation to ease the installation.
Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Yamina
bmarin777

Message par bmarin777 »

You are welcome.

Have a great day B)
Répondre

Revenir à « Installation & Base de données / Installation & Database »