How to run Squash TA-Selenium scripts using eclipse

cpandya

Message par cpandya »

As per tutorial#3 https://sites.google.com/a/henix.fr/wik ... d-selenium , the first line of the java file ie package needs to be deleted.

As we know that if the package syntax is commented/deleted form the java file, eclipse is not able to compile the file, in that case how can we execute the .ta file using eclipse?

Refer screen shot of tutorial#3.

[attachment=357]SquashTA_SeleniumUsingEclipse.png[/attachment]
Pièces jointes
SquashTA_SeleniumUsingEclipse.png
SquashTA_SeleniumUsingEclipse.png (262.2 Kio) Consulté 3322 fois
Karim Drifi

Message par Karim Drifi »

Hello,

Eclipse won't be able to compile java sources without the package definition but squash-ta will perform some operations on the files and will be able to do so.

Do you have an issue in the compilation process while trying to execute your test ?

Regards,

Karim Drifi.
cpandya

Message par cpandya »

Thanks Karim. You are true. I got that working with adding appropriate package information which is also in sync with Squash TA execution.

Actually I have my selenium framework ready which I am planning to integrate with Squash TM-TA.

My another question is about execution of selenium scripts (driven by Squash TM) to run in batch mode and update back the status into Squash TM.

1. Is it possible to have many-to-one mapping between Squash TM and TA. Like all the test cases in Squash TM will be associated with one .ta file which will internally call the java main class. This java main class will form a testng suite referring to all the test cases selected from Squash TM. We can get the list of test cases selected for execution in TM from json file.

2. How to update back the selenium script's status from TA to TM? Is there any file getting generated which is used to update the status from TA to TM? If yes, please provide the file and location so that I can update the file after batch execution is done.

Thanks in advanced.
Chinmay Pandya
Karim Drifi

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong : basically you want to execute tests from squash-tm and get the execution result in squash-tm + you have already coded your automation tests with selenium.

Concerning your first question : no it is not possible, the only way to launch tests from tm and get the results back is to use a one-to-one mapping between tm and ta tests.

Therefore, you will need to use squash-ta as a boilerplate and each tm test should be linked to a squash-ta script.

For the second question : the only file generated by squash-ta is the html report.

Regards,

Karim Drifi.
cpandya

Message par cpandya »

Yes, I wanted the same.

Any future plans to support this feature?

Thanks,
Chinmay
Karim Drifi

Hello,

We have ongoing discussions about this but nothing have been decided yet.
I'll let you know.

Regards,

Karim Drifi.
cpandya

Message par cpandya »

Hello Karim,

I am able to integrate TM-TA-Selenium (existing setup) using Jenkins which is a powerful component of Squash setup.

I did 1:1 mapping with TM and TA. In between my selenium suite is running and storing the result in one file.

Squash TA is reading this file and based on the status it is updating back the status into TM.

This may be a temporary solution until Squash comes up with better approach.

Now I am not blocked.

Team Squash: thank you for the support and I appreciate all the good work you guys are doing.

Regards,
Chinmay
Répondre

Revenir à « Selenium Plugin »