using delegated parameters

gypse

using delegated parameters

Message par gypse »

Hi!

I am in the process of writing test cases for a web application and I have decided to use parameters in the process to allow for an increased maintainability (diminishing errors in writing always the same stuff across test cases and test case steps).

For instance I wanted these parameters userName, userLabel. I use them in many test cases. All these test cases use delegated parameters.

At the highest level, I write a test case with the parameters sets to be used, and an other test case that just call it with on of the parameter sets.

But those parameter sets are not having a single "userName" parameter, but as many as there are test cases using it. So I go "userName (TC_24)", "userName (TC_25)"' userName (TC_81)", etc. The number after TC is the ID of a test case. So I cannot write my parameter value only once!

I tried to put a different value to all these parameters in a given set and choose that set when calling the main test case. And have a go at a campaign to see what happened. And what happened is that parameter number XY is not always chosen for test case ID XY. I have not been able to figure out a convincing rule.

If I use a set with some parameter vales left blank, I have sometimes a "" and sometimes a value.

But there is an other bug: I have more parameters than what can fit in a line, so that I cannot see all my parameters in the array of parameters associated with the case and I cannot update them!

My version of squash-tm is 1-14.1 because I have not been able to start newer version 1-14.2 even with the void database provided with it.
Répondre

Revenir à « Cas de test / Test cases »