Automated Test Excution not shown on Squash TM

chatim

Automated Test Excution not shown on Squash TM

Message par chatim »

Hi @All,
i have a wired issue here that i can't understand it.
First my goal was execute automated test from squash tm, i can say that it's done using Squash Autom (orchestrator + robotframwork runner). the automated test is excuted and i can download report from orchestrator container manually (to ensure tha the test is excuted successfuly).
Why i can't see test report and test status on squash TM :??? . screenshot below :
squash-auto-test.png
squash-auto-test.png (109.85 Kio) Consulté 1178 fois
can someone help what i missed ?
kasia_klepacka

Re: Automated Test Excution not shown on Squash TM

Message par kasia_klepacka »

Hello, chatim,

May I ask you some additional questions:

1) Have you correctly declared your test reference in the Test Case "Automation" section?
2) Have you correctly declared the callback URL in the Administration > System section?
3) What is your infrastructure - docker, kubernetes?

Looking forward to your replies,
Kasia
chatim

Message par chatim »

Hello Kaisa,
Thanks for your quick reply,

here is my answers on your question by same order :
1- yes, the Automated test reference is well declared and it point on the robot script (as i said the script is well executed).
2- the "Squash public URL" attribute is also well declared as http://public_url/squash , i also tried with container_ip, machine_ip, nothing changed.
3- everything is as docker container (squash Tm, orchestrator, robot-runner).

Hope it is clear.
Chatim.
Gautier

Message par Gautier »

Hello Chatim,

My first naïve guesses would be that either

1) The wrong port is used in the Squash TM public URL declaration. In this case the test should run but the statuses/reports are not pushed back to TM
2) Squash TM and the orchestrator are not in the same (sub)networkIn this scenario the test plan execution order should never reach the orchestrator.

In order to discriminate further could you provide:
- the logs of Squash TM after a a test plan is launched. (You can get it directly from the Squash TM admin GUI)
- The result of "docker exec <orchestrator> opentf-ctl get workflows", where <orchestrator> should be replaced by the name of the container of your orchestrator
- if the command above is successful and returns "workflows", the resutl of "docker exec <orchestrator> opentf-ctl get workflow <workflow_id>" where <orchestrator> should be replaced with the name of the container of your orchestrator and <workflow_id> should be replaced with the "id" found in the result of the previous command
- Explains in details how are launched your different containers (if using docker-compose would it be possible to provide the docker-compose.yml file ?)

Florian
chatim

Message par chatim »

Hi,
Thank you very much all for your helpful reponses.
it is working now,
squash-excution.png
squash-excution.png (26.03 Kio) Consulté 875 fois
the only weird thing that persist is : nothing appear in 'execution history', only manual execution of testcase appeared see pictures below :

Is there a reason for this issue.
Pièces jointes
history exec.png
history exec.png (48.88 Kio) Consulté 875 fois
exec.png
exec.png (49.59 Kio) Consulté 875 fois
Yamina

Message par Yamina »

Hello,

Plugin automation.result.publisher.community do not allows to see execution details. Only automation.result.publisher.premium recovers in Squash TM executions results and details as well as execution reports for automated tests executed with the Squash orchestrator.
Please, look https://tm-en.doc.squashtest.com/latest ... ugins.html

Regards,
Yamina
chatim

Message par chatim »

Thank you @Yamina for your response,
I see, so with the community edition of this plugin, only execution report could be recovered.
is that applied also for execution history ?
Yamina

Message par Yamina »

Hello,

What do you mean by 'execution history' ?

Regards,
Yamina
chatim

Message par chatim »

chatim a écrit : lun. oct. 16, 2023 7:47 pm Hi,
Thank you very much all for your helpful reponses.
it is working now,
squash-excution.png
the only weird thing that persist is : nothing appear in 'execution history', only manual execution of testcase appeared see pictures below :

Is there a reason for this issue.
"No data to display" at execution history pop-up, see screenshot above. and also nothing shown on Execution section at Test-case page.
Yamina

Message par Yamina »

Hello,

The execution history is not filled if you have result publissher on community version. It is only available on premium version of the plugin.
Howerver, in 6.0.0.RELEASE of Squash TM, both plugins will become one. So execution will be filled even if you use Squash on Community.

Regards,
Yamina
Répondre

Revenir à « Support des tests automatisés »