Reporting issues

Arun

Reporting issues

Message par Arun »

I am trying to setup SQUASH as a test management tool in my organization. I am facing a few challenges in terms of reporting and tracking over all status.

1. Is there a way to track status of a release based on folders created in Test Case workspace for a project?
2. Why are test suites specific to iteration? They should idealy be applicable to test case at test case workspace level. The hierarchy on test case workspace should be Test case workspace -> Project -> Module -> Test Suite -> Test cases. With this it would become much easier to track how many cases of a suite or module have been executed in a release or iteration along with the pass/fail/blocked rate.

Attaching a simillar report extracted from Testlink test management tool for reference.

Thanks,
Arun Singh
Karim

Reporting issues

Message par Karim »

Hello Arun,

Actually, there is a way to have a look on the release status : you can create your own dashboard (with all the informations you seek according to the release status) and assign it as your favorite dashboard.

About your other question, test suites are ideals for iterations. You can group all your test cases, organize them in different categories and execute them separately.
As far as i'm concerned, what you're looking for is already done in the campaign workspace, working great so far, and i don't see what kind of capital gain there is by adding test suites function in test case workspace.

Also, you can create a dashboard as well to have a particular look on test suites and there status.

I hope I've answered your question. Feel free to respond or to ask for more details.

Have a nice day.

Regards.
Répondre

Revenir à « Pilotage / Management »