Create Test Requirements Hierarchy

Chris_147

Message par Chris_147 »

Hi all,

I'm new to Squash TM, seems a very interesting product!
For my current project I would like to create a test requirement hierarchy (TRH) for several business lines.

A TRH looks like:
1. It should be possible to do business action A
1.1 By displaying a landing page
1.1.1 The header shows one logo on the left and one on the right
1.1.1.2 The logos are clickable
1.1.2 The header menu is displayed
1.1.2.1 some stuff on the header menu
1.1.2.2 some more stuff on the header menu
1.2 By subscribing to event B
1.2.1 First step in event B is to enter information
1.2.1.1 User can enter personal information
1.2.1.1.1 Gender must be selected with radio buttons
1.2.1.1.2 First name should be entered
1.2.1.1.2.1 Validations needed for first name
1.2.1.1.2.1.1 First name not longer than x chars
1.2.1.1.2.1.2 First name cannot contain following characters: | \ / ! ; , #
etc.

So you have a sort of tree structure where each level deeper as a further clarification on how something can be done. If you only need the high level overview of requirements, you only open the first 3-4 levels. The more detail you need, the deeper you go.

For example:
Requirement "1.2.1.1.2 First name should be entered" is valid for all business lines
But "1.2.1.1.2.1.1 First name not longer than x chars" is only valid for business lines 1 and 2, not for 3.

I noticed I can create a custom field and assign that to requirements.
If I choose a dropdown with the different options being the business lines, I can only select a single business line. [b]I want a multi select dropdown.[/b]
I could make multiple true/false custom fields, one for each business line.
However, the number of business lines will probably grow quite fast in our business. So I'm a bit afraid this will not scale as well.

So my questions for the TRH:
- is it possible to have a sort of auto-numbering for the TRH? So that I don't have to type 1.2.1.1.2.1.1 and that if I move requirements around the numbers are updated automatically.
- is it possible to order the requirements without having to rename them? It seems they are order alphabetically now, but the order is important in the TRH.
Karim

Message par Karim »

Hello,

Unfortunately, in order to achieve what you are looking for, you will need to create your TRH manually.
If you move your requirements in the tree you have created, they won't be sorted automatically.
I'm afraid you will have to type them manually and re-order them manually as well.

I hope I've answered clearly to your question.
I hope you will continue to use Squash.

Have a nice day.
Répondre

Revenir à « Exigences / Requirements »