Default Dataset?

higewolf

Default Dataset?

Message par higewolf »

Is there a way to add a default dataset to a case, so that if it's reviewed directly it autofills the parameters with default information?

Thanks!
--Brandon
rpandauzova

Default Dataset?

Message par rpandauzova »

Hi Brandon,

That's a very good question and I also think this may be very helpful. So far I cannot find such functionality for datasets. I'm trying to imagine a workaround depending on the exact need.
For example:
- if you need a whole dataset with all rows and values, then I would create a test case that I will create as a template containing no steps but with the dataset that you need, and then you just copy this test and modify the script as needed every time but keeping the dataset.

- if you need a specific line from the dataset only, then you can either repeat the above and delete the unncessary lines or alternatively, you can create a test step by calling the template test case (which has the default dataset) and then choose which line from the dataset to be used. This way you can also select to inherit only the parameters but not the values, in case you want to define other vlaues for the same parameters.

As a third option, you can prepare a template for importing of a test case and prepare one sample test case in it in, with the needed dataset. Every time you need a test with the default dataset, you just modify the test name and location and import it. This will create a new test with your defailt set and then you can add the steps that you need or other details.

Hope this helps.
Rozalia
Répondre

Revenir à « Cas de test / Test cases »