Backup/Restore

joubertb

Backup/Restore

Message par joubertb »

I have a instance of SquashTM running in a docker container. (Postgresql container & SquashTM container).

I now need to migrate this to a different docker host. Is there a way to backup everything in SquashTM and then restore it?
agoethals

Backup/Restore

Message par agoethals »

Hello,

It depends on what you consider to be 'everything in Squash TM', but the most important parts you would want to export are:
- squash-tm plugins (if you run a standard SquashTM, i.e free version, you won't have to export / import them, as they are shipped with squash-tm package)
- squash-tm database (simply dump your database and then restore the dump on the new host)
- squash-tm config files (the most imprtant one is named /etc/default/squash-tm on Debian .deb package, or /etc/sysconfig/squash-tm on RedHat .rpm packages, precise location may vary depending on your environment). Other config files may matter, according to your environment, as .properties files.

In short, the one thing you want to backup and restore is the database, the rest can be (more or less) easily re-created, and the location of the rest may vary. As we do not publish official docker images for now, we can't tell you exactly where the files are on your docker container.
Répondre

Revenir à « Questions générales / General questions »