Execution status/result not shown in TM

Saleej

Message par Saleej »

Hi,

I have a test case in Squash TM which is linked to one of the automated tests (post linking TM and TA using Jenkins)

Now when I run the test from campaign, Job gets executed successfully but its results are not seen in the Squash TM.

The window of execution stays open without any status for the execution even after success (Attached is screenshot for reference.

[attachment=231]Testcaseexecution.png[/attachment]

Also, even though the test points to single automated test, why is the job executing both the tests. Is it due to me passing testlist parameter value = **/*.ta,**/*.txt,**/*.test.

In this case how can i run single automated test

Also, if I need to pass testsuite.json file parameter, where do this file reside? Assuming this parameter is optional and test can be executed with testlist parameter alone. But still better to know
Pièces jointes
Testcaseexecution.png
Testcaseexecution.png (199.59 Kio) Consulté 3746 fois
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

For reference, please find below config.xml details in the job

This is the template job for a jenkins-based Squash TA execution server.

(c)2011-2014 Henix
false

https://github.com/Saleej/T1.git/

operation
This parameter specifies the goal to execute. Supported values are:
* run (runs Squash TA tests)
* list (lists all Squash TA tests offered by the job)
run

externalJobId
This parameter is an id guaranteed by the external caller to be a unique id for the build. It is used to tag the build in order to retrieve results

notificationURL
REST StatusUpdate URL where to send status update events
file://dev/null

testList
This parameter helps to set the list of test to execute. A filter or an ordered list could be given. If the test list is given through a file then you should set this parameter to {file:testsuite.json}
**/*.ta,**/*.txt,**/*.test

testsuite.json
A file containing the test suite definition at json format (Optionnal). When this parameter is used then testList parameter value should be : {file:testsuite.json}

executor
Define the node to use for the job execution. By default it uses the master server
master
false
allCases

true
false
false
false

false

org.squashtest.tutorial
my.squash.ta.project

my.squash.ta.project/pom.xml
-Dstatus.update.events.url="${notificationURL}" -Dsquash.ta.external.id="${externalJobId}" -Djobname="${JOB_NAME}" -Dhostname="${HOSTNAME}" -Dsquash.ta.conf.file="${CONF_HOME}/taLinkConf.properties" -Dta.tmcallback.reportbaseurl="${JENKINS_URL}job" -Dta.tmcallback.jobexecutionid="${BUILD_NUMBER}" -Dta.tmcallback.reportname=Squash_TA_HTML_Report -Dta.delete.json.file=true org.squashtest.ta::squash-ta-maven-plugin::"${operation}"
true
false
true
true
false
false
false
false
false
false
true

Squash TA HTML Report
my.squash.ta.project/target/squashTA/html-reports
squash-ta-report.html
true
true
htmlpublisher-wrapper.html

Test list
my.squash.ta.project/target/squashTA/test-tree
testTree.json
false
true
htmlpublisher-wrapper.html

org.jenkinsci.plugins.configfiles.maven.GlobalMavenSettingsConfig1421667904453
${CONF_HOME}/taLinkConf.properties

FAILURE
RED
true

bfranchet

Message par bfranchet »

As the problem of tests status not returned in TM is often a configuration problem, I give you below the link explaining the configuration of the TM-TA link. Please verify that all is ok :

https://sites.google.com/a/henix.fr/wik ... --ta-guide

Verify also that TA could access to TM (Check there is no firewall problem)

Could you also post the log of your job execution ? We could find some informations here.

Regards
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

Please find below job execution console output:

Started by user tmserver
Building in workspace C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\workspace\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob
provisoning config files...
copy managed file [TaGlobalSettings] to file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/qa/.jenkins/taLinkConf.properties
Copying file to testsuite.json
Parsing POMs
[my.squash.ta.project] $ "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75/bin/java" -cp "C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\plugins\maven-plugin\WEB-INF\lib\maven3-agent-1.5.jar;C:\Test\Squash-TA-Toolbox\1.7.1-RELEASE\apache-maven-3.0.4\boot\plexus-classworlds-2.4.jar" org.jvnet.hudson.maven3.agent.Maven3Main C:\Test\Squash-TA-Toolbox\1.7.1-RELEASE\apache-maven-3.0.4 "C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\war\WEB-INF\lib\remoting-2.49.jar" "C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\plugins\maven-plugin\WEB-INF\lib\maven3-interceptor-1.5.jar" "C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\plugins\maven-plugin\WEB-INF\lib\maven3-interceptor-commons-1.5.jar" 1694
channel started
Executing Maven: -B -f C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\workspace\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob\my.squash.ta.project\pom.xml -Dstatus.update.events.url=http://server:8080/squash/ -Dsquash.ta.external.id=402841f54b924c31014b9c5ef0fb000a -Djobname=templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob -Dhostname=${HOSTNAME} -Dsquash.ta.conf.file=C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins/taLinkConf.properties -Dta.tmcallback.reportbaseurl=http://server:9090/job -Dta.tmcallback.jobexecutionid=182 -Dta.tmcallback.reportname=Squash_TA_HTML_Report -Dta.delete.json.file=true org.squashtest.ta::squash-ta-maven-plugin::run
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building my.squash.ta.project 1.0
[INFO]
[INFO] --- squash-ta-maven-plugin:1.8.0-RELEASE:run (default-cli) @ my.squash.ta.project ---
[INFO] Loading external logging configuration: C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\workspace\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob\my.squash.ta.project\src\log4j.properties
[INFO] Squash TA : compiling tests...
[INFO] Squash TA : initializing context...
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentPackagesEnumerator - Listing sqhashTA engine component packages
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.enginecore
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.commons-component
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.filechecker
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.sahi
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.selenium
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.soapui
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.ftp
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.db
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.ssh
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.local.process
[WARN] org.squashtest.ta.api.execution.client.ClientFactory - Rest client configurer : login key http://server:8080/squash.login not found, no credentials will be used
[INFO] Squash TA : testing...
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.engine.impl.EcosystemRunnerImpl - Beginning execution of ecosystem tests
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.engine.impl.TestRunnerImpl - Beginning execution of test first-test.ta
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.engine.impl.TestRunnerImpl - Beginning execution of test PetStoreSeleniumTest.ta
Starting ChromeDriver 2.13.307647 (5a7d0541ebc58e69994a6fb2ed930f45261f3c29) on port 36972
Only local connections are allowed.
[INFO] Exporting results
[INFO] Cleaning resources
[INFO] Squash TA : build complete.
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.core.tools.io.TempFileUtils - All the files from C:\DOCUME~1\qa\LOCALS~1\Temp\Squash_TA were properly deleted.
[JENKINS] Archiving disabled
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO] Total time: 49.172s
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Feb 18 15:08:18 GST 2015
[INFO] Final Memory: 25M/59M
Waiting for Jenkins to finish collecting data
[htmlpublisher] Archiving HTML reports...
[htmlpublisher] Archiving at BUILD level C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\workspace\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob\my.squash.ta.project\target\squashTA\html-reports to C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\jobs\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob\builds\182\htmlreports\Squash_TA_HTML_Report
[htmlpublisher] Archiving at PROJECT level C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\workspace\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob\my.squash.ta.project\target\squashTA\test-tree to C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\jobs\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob\htmlreports\Test_list
Finished: SUCCESS
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

There don't seem to be any discrepancy in the configuration as compared to one mentioned in squash link for TM-Ta link

Correct me if I am wrong, conf.properties added in jenkins (Managed files plays an important role in communicating the callback url

Following is the details added to it
endpoint.1=http://myServer:8080/squash
endpoint.1.login=taserver
endpoint.1.password=taserver

Also file - C:\Squash-TM\conf\services\tm.testautomation.conf.properties has been updated to reflect the squash URl

tm.test.automation.server.callbackurl=http://server:8080/squash/

Do let me know if characters in the url needs to be escaped

NotE: I am using Squash TA toolbox (1.7.1) and Squash TM (1.11.0). No Squash TA server installed
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

@bfranchet: Any luck with this?

Please let me know if any additional info required on setup or configuration which can help narrow down the issue
bfranchet

Message par bfranchet »

Hello,

I notice that your "tm.test.automation.server.callbackurl" has a slash at the end whereas "endpoint.1" hasn't :
[ul]
[li]tm.test.automation.server.callbackurl=http://server:8080/squash[b]/[/b] [/li]
[li]endpoint.1=http://myServer:8080/squash[/li]
[/ul]
This could the origin of your problem.

There is also a known problem with the configuration in TM. When you modify the configuration file like "tm.testautomation.conf.properties" then you have to delete the TM felix-cache directory in order to TM take the modifcation in consideration at the next start.

Regards
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

Unfortunately, that don't seem to be the root cause of the issue

After performing exact match of the URLs, it still doesn't give the results in TM

Also I did ensure to clear the felix-cache after performing changes to the properties file under services

FYI: Please note, while the test is being executed / post execution - i can still see processing text along with the loading icon prefixed showing up and vanishing after particular time interval .. As if its trying to fetch the test execution details

Now It seems like too close but yet to far.

Is there something else that you suggest me to try?
bfranchet

Message par bfranchet »

Hello

After the modification, do you still have in your jenkins job execution output :
[WARN] org.squashtest.ta.api.execution.client.ClientFactory - Rest client configurer : login key http://server:8080/squash.login not found, no credentials will be used.

If yes this means there is still a matching problem.

Regards
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

Warning mentioned is no more seen after the matching the callback url in config file and the one added to jenkins ( as mentioned in your previous comment)

But it still doesn't give the execution result back to Squash TM

Please find below the job console output

Started by user tmserver
Building in workspace C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\workspace\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob
Fetching changes from the remote Git repository
Checking out Revision 3b808dfa5cc808ed93162f378ca9038dfdda8d0e (refs/remotes/origin/master)
provisoning config files...
copy managed file [conf.properties] to file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/qa/.jenkins/taLinkConf.properties
Copying file to testsuite.json
Parsing POMs
[my.squash.ta.project] $ "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75/bin/java" -cp "C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\plugins\maven-plugin\WEB-INF\lib\maven3-agent-1.5.jar;C:\Test\Squash-TA-Toolbox\1.7.1-RELEASE\apache-maven-3.0.4\boot\plexus-classworlds-2.4.jar" org.jvnet.hudson.maven3.agent.Maven3Main C:\Test\Squash-TA-Toolbox\1.7.1-RELEASE\apache-maven-3.0.4 "C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\war\WEB-INF\lib\remoting-2.49.jar" "C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\plugins\maven-plugin\WEB-INF\lib\maven3-interceptor-1.5.jar" "C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\plugins\maven-plugin\WEB-INF\lib\maven3-interceptor-commons-1.5.jar" 1146
channel started
Executing Maven: -B -f C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\workspace\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob\my.squash.ta.project\pom.xml -Dstatus.update.events.url=http://myserver:8080/squash -Dsquash.ta.external.id=402841f54bc5daf1014bf7cd5e9c0002 -Djobname=templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob -Dhostname=${HOSTNAME} -Dsquash.ta.conf.file=C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins/taLinkConf.properties -Dta.tmcallback.reportbaseurl=http://myserver:9090/job -Dta.tmcallback.jobexecutionid=198 -Dta.tmcallback.reportname=Squash_TA_HTML_Report -Dta.delete.json.file=true org.squashtest.ta::squash-ta-maven-plugin::run
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building my.squash.ta.project 1.0
[INFO]
[INFO] --- squash-ta-maven-plugin:1.8.0-RELEASE:run (default-cli) @ my.squash.ta.project ---
[INFO] Loading external logging configuration: C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\workspace\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob\my.squash.ta.project\src\log4j.properties
[INFO] Squash TA : compiling tests...
[INFO] Squash TA : initializing context...
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentPackagesEnumerator - Listing sqhashTA engine component packages
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.enginecore
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.commons-component
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.filechecker
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.sahi
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.selenium
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.soapui
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.ftp
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.db
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.ssh
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.init.ComponentManifestParser - Loading plugin configuration for: org.squashtest.ta.plugin.local.process
[INFO] Squash TA : testing...
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.engine.impl.EcosystemRunnerImpl - Beginning execution of ecosystem tests
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.engine.impl.TestRunnerImpl - Beginning execution of test first-test.ta
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.backbone.engine.impl.TestRunnerImpl - Beginning execution of test PetStoreSeleniumTest.ta
Starting ChromeDriver 2.13.307647 (5a7d0541ebc58e69994a6fb2ed930f45261f3c29) on port 29476
Only local connections are allowed.
[INFO] Exporting results
[INFO] Cleaning resources
[INFO] Squash TA : build complete.
[INFO] org.squashtest.ta.core.tools.io.TempFileUtils - All the files from C:\DOCUME~1\qa\LOCALS~1\Temp\Squash_TA were properly deleted.
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO] Total time: 1:21.031s
[INFO] Finished at: Sun Mar 08 09:15:55 GST 2015
[INFO] Final Memory: 25M/60M
Waiting for Jenkins to finish collecting data
channel stopped
[htmlpublisher] Archiving HTML reports...
[htmlpublisher] Archiving at BUILD level C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\workspace\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob\my.squash.ta.project\target\squashTA\html-reports to C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\jobs\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob\builds\198\htmlreports\Squash_TA_HTML_Report
[htmlpublisher] Archiving at PROJECT level C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\workspace\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob\my.squash.ta.project\target\squashTA\test-tree to C:\Documents and Settings\qa\.jenkins\jobs\templateSquashTAExecutionMavenJob\htmlreports\Test_list
Finished: SUCCESS

Is there something else that I need to check for in setup / configuration?
Répondre

Revenir à « Lien cas de test - tests automatisés / Test cases - automated tests link »