Testing a Web Application with parameters

marese

Message par marese »

Hi,

I am a newbie in this technology so is not clear for me, where is the best layer to put parametrization to test a Web Application with Sahi: on TM, on Ta or directly in Sahi.
Is there any suggestion for this issue ?

Is there any tutorial with examples which explain how to retrieve some parameters from a csv file, test the result form of a Web Application using the parameters and check the assertions ?

Thanks

Marco
Karim Drifi

Message par Karim Drifi »

Hi Marco,

Many questions here and lots of answers depends on your context...
If the target user is familiar with coding the best layer to put parametrization is TA. In fact TM is a good way to allow functionnal tester to use parameters in automatized tests.

You have two ways to do it in TA :
- If you are not stuck with excel format you can turn your file into a TA ressource file (key/value) and execute a TA script using it (selenium/sahi/SoapUi...),
- If you specifically want to use excel file, just put the file name in your ressource file and load your file (and thus parameters) in the sahi or selenium script (for example).

You can find tutorials [url=https://sites.google.com/a/henix.fr/wik ... /tutorials]here[/url]. Don't focus on the parameter part of he user guide which is dedicated to the link between TM and TA, just know that it is possible to pass parameters to TA test suites in JSon format while launching it with maven.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Karim Drifi.
johnniewalk

Message par johnniewalk »

Even i am also facing same issue but i did not try those things which posted by karim once i will check and update to you
Skylark

Message par Skylark »

I also have the same issue. I will follow Karim's instruction and let you lnow the result.

[url=http://www.skylarkhq.com/iphone-app-dev ... t-phoenix/]iPhone App Development Phoenix[/url]
Karim Drifi

Hello,

Thanks for your contribution to our forum.
Do not hesitate to let us know the results/issue of your tests.

Regards,

Karim Drifi.
SharrySteve1

Message par SharrySteve1 »

- Turning your file into TA resource file will do the trick for you here. Good luck !
yha

Message par yha »

Hello,

I have just started using Squash TM, I wish to know how to generate a script .ta and how to integrate in TM?

Thank you for your return.
Karim Drifi

Hi,

You will find all the information you need in our wiki : https://sites.google.com/a/henix.fr/wik ... user-guide

Sincerely yours,

Karim Drifi.
laurenthdl

Message par laurenthdl »

Hi Karim,
thanks for your quick answer, but I have tested your procedure, and it appears that the parameters (Customfields) are not passed from squash-tm to squash-ta (to reproduce, see in debugger the json passed in new from the campaign)
And even though they were passed, on squash-ta, the parameters fail to get translated. I tested on squash-ta installed on CentOS, with appropriate TestTree.json, and in the tmp/squash, the sah is not changed.
I used ${TC_CUF_Param1} as advised [url=http://www.squashtest.org/forum/ta-scri ... ng=fr#3922]here[/url]. I also tested with $TC_CUF_Param just in case.

Should I open a bug ? Or is there something to check ?
Karim Drifi

Hi,

Sorry, I missed your message and answered the previous one...
Can you tell me which version of tm and ta you are using ?

Karim.
Répondre

Revenir à « SKF »