Execution status/result not shown in TM

Saleej

Message par Saleej »

Quick question: Is it mandatory to create testsuite.json file and call it in testList?

At present I have testList default value set to **/*.ta,**/*.txt,**/*.test

File parameter testsuite.json is not referenced anywhere. Goal has no reference to suite

Goal specified: -Dstatus.update.events.url="${notificationURL}" -Dsquash.ta.external.id="${externalJobId}" -Djobname="${JOB_NAME}" -Dhostname="${HOSTNAME}" -Dsquash.ta.conf.file="${CONF_HOME}/taLinkConf.properties" -Dta.tmcallback.reportbaseurl="${JENKINS_URL}job" -Dta.tmcallback.jobexecutionid="${BUILD_NUMBER}" -Dta.tmcallback.reportname=Squash_TA_HTML_Report -Dta.delete.json.file=true org.squashtest.ta::squash-ta-maven-plugin::"${operation}"
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

Just for my info:

Inorder to refer to testsuite.json, do I need to create this file and place it in any of squash TM location?

How do I pass the file location for the same in Jenkins Job config. For e.g. If its placed in C:\Users\Desktop\
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

@Squash Friends: Any luck with this?
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

@bfranchet, @Admininstrator: Any fix /workaround for this issue?
bfranchet

Message par bfranchet »

Hello,

currently I don't understand what's happen in your case. In the last jenkins console you post, I see no warning or error as it should be when TA got to send the status to TM
The only bad things i see is that there is no ta.test.suite parameter in your maven command line, but in such a case TA execute all tests of the project.
For the moment I don't see

Regards
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

I can try with passing the ta.test.suite parameter

But inorder to do that , can you help me with the query below

Inorder to refer to testsuite.json, do I need to create this file and place it in any of squash TM location?

How do I pass the file location for the same in Jenkins Job config. For e.g. If its placed in C:\Users\Desktop\
bfranchet

Message par bfranchet »

Hi,

The testuite.json file is created by TM (according to the tests you selected for execution). Then TM send this testsuite.json file to jenkins. This file is retrieved by jenkins through your job file parameter named "testsuite.json". Moreover in your jenkins job you also have a String parameter named testList, TM will send the value "{file:testsuite.json}" for this parameter which means use testuite.jsoin file retrieved through the file parameter to define the testList.

More information on the use of a json file with ta.test.suite in the documentation : https://sites.google.com/a/henix.fr/wik ... ork-1.8.0-

Regards
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

Hi,

So TM sends this testsuite.json file to jenkins. Great

Now if you go to jenkins job configuration, when you add file parameter, it asks you for file location and has no reference to file name (correct me if I am wrong).

I am confused as to what the path should be in this case that needs to be provided to jenkins file parameter. (Screeshot of file parameter"testsuite.json and string parameter"testlist")

When I started searching for .json file in the Squash-TM folder, I was able to find ta-suite"randomnumber".json file and no other instance of json file (Attached is screenshot for tmp folder)

[attachment=266]Tmplocation.png[/attachment]

So, I tried renaming one of the files in tmp from ta-suite"randomnumber".json to testsuite.json and then passing this path to jenkins. In this case while executing the automation test i get error in the attached document

[attachment=267]Error.txt[/attachment]

If i remove the path for file paramater and just state testsuite.json then job execution fails

Error: Failed to execute the goal org.squashtest.ta:squash-ta-maven-plugin:1.8.0-Release:run (default-cli) on project : Execution default-cli of goal org.squashtest.ta:squash-ta-maven-plugin:1.8.0-Release:Run failed: An error occurs while processing the json file(testsuite.json):testsuite.json (Ths system cannot find the file specified}
Pièces jointes
Error.txt
(16.8 Kio) Téléchargé 121 fois
Tmplocation.png
Tmplocation.png (265.77 Kio) Consulté 3646 fois
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

Attaching the missed screenshot from my previous comment which stated

I am confused as to what the path should be in this case that needs to be provided to jenkins file parameter. (Screeshot of file parameter"testsuite.json and string parameter"testlist")

[attachment=268]Jenkinsconfiguration.png[/attachment]

@Bfranchet: please advice
Pièces jointes
Jenkinsconfiguration.png
Jenkinsconfiguration.png (159.36 Kio) Consulté 3646 fois
Saleej

Message par Saleej »

@Squash Team: Any inputs on this?
Répondre

Revenir à « Lien cas de test - tests automatisés / Test cases - automated tests link »